The first automated vehicle to drive coast to coast? That was Aptiv. The first gesture control system for premium cars? That’s us as well. We’re a tech company with automotive roots & one of the most significant market leaders in designing, engineering and enabling solutions for how we’ll move tomorrow. A huge part of this work has been done in Krakow Technical Center by our engineers. Today, our mission is to shape a world with a significantly reduced number of road accidents, fatalities and injuries. Join us!
- Overall owner of an assigned feature or sensing function/algorithm for semi-autonomous driving functionalities, such as vehicle or pedestrian detection, road markings and lanes, and other obstacles and information
- Main coordinator of the algorithm development, vehicle test, independent test and validation as well as software engineering competencies
- Single Point of Contact for OEMs for all things related to the assigned sensing feature
- Analysis of technical issues related to the given sensing function – verification of issues in the vehicle, driving and testing. Participating in some test drives that meet NCAP and NTSA regulations
- Working globally, across the EU countries, Asia and North America – role will involve international and intercontinental travel multiple times a year
- Systems engineering: requirements negotiation, system definition and documents writing
- Driving the test vehicle to verify that your own function works as expected, verification of bug reports, and analysis of the feature performance
- Defining validation plans and procedures for the assigned feature or function together with test competencies.
- University degree in engineering / science or equivalent qualification
- Very Good level of English
- 1 years or more experience as systems engineer, function owner, product owner, technical project manager or related
- Knowledge and experience of using Matlab, and one of the programming languages: Python, C++
- Person with good ability to understand complex technical things, and has leadership aspirations
- Some understanding of product and software development process
- Hands-on mentality, independent and with own initiative
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- High level of motivation and dedication
- Good level of German (customer language)
- Experience of working in an Agile engineering organization
- Experience with Automotive processes
- Experience with Agile development tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Awareness of ISO 26262
Join us to:
- Help us advance mobility, save lives and improve our planet
- See effects of your work in showrooms of almost every car seller
- Learn new technologies thanks to the collaboration with our customers’ technical centers
- Get a list of benefits such as private health care, trainings, sports activities, etc.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.