Active candidates are those who are actively seeking employment with Aptiv. This notice is intended for use in the hiring process, for example, after they have applied or at the time of application.
We are the responsible party of your data in this recruiting effort.
How we intend to use your data
We intend to use your information for employment considerations.
By applying, you are signaling your consent to use your data to consider you for employment opportunities. We will use the data from your application, as well as any other data you provide during the application process, such as a resumé or CV. We do not use your data for any other purposes.
Sharing and cross-border transfers
We may share your information with some third parties to assist in our recruiting, including:
- Other companies in the Aptiv organization that may be recruiting;
- Providers of services to manage candidate status and communication. For example, we use “applicant tracking systems” to keep track of active applications. We require these third parties to use your data only as instructed.
If you withdraw your consent, we will instruct other companies in the Aptiv organization as well as our service providers (processors) to delete your data.
During the process of assessing your candidacy, it may be necessary for us to transfer your data out of the European Union, for example to the United States. When we do this, we rely on approved protections, such as intercompany transfer agreements designed
to provide an adequate level of data protection.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time to document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation.
Depending upon the jurisdiction where you reside you may have additional rights, including:
- The right to access a copy of your data
- The right to correct your data if it is incorrect
- The right to have your data erased (“Right to be forgotten”)
- The right to temporarily restrict processing of your data
- The right to be informed of any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of your data
- The right to have a copy of your data transferred to another controller.
- The right to opt out of direct marketing