- As part of Aptiv’s Smart Vehicle Architecture™, the open and scalable ADAS platform enables the software-defined vehicle, reduces complexity and lowers total system costs
- Next-gen ADAS platform leverages Aptiv’s industry-leading full-stack capabilities in perception systems, software and compute platforms, and connectivity
- High-performance compute platform delivers unmatched value to customers with continuous OTA updates over the lifetime of the vehicle
DUBLIN, – Aptiv PLC (NYSE: APTV), a global technology company enabling the future of mobility, today announced its next-generation Level 1-3 capable ADAS platform.
Aptiv has been leading the development of advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) for more than 20 years, from launching the industry’s first radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control system in 1999 to its autonomous driving joint venture, Motional, will be among the first to put fully driverless vehicles on public roads.
Aptiv’s unique full-stack capabilities are helping customers realize their technology roadmaps and democratize advanced safety systems faster and at a lower cost. Its award-winning first-generation automated driving satellite compute platform has been a game-changer in the industry, leveraging the integration of its Satellite Architecture and active safety software, perception systems and compute. Aptiv’s Satellite Architecture is being deployed by multiple OEMs around the world on more than 10 million vehicles over the next few years.
Building on this trusted foundation, Aptiv’s next-gen ADAS platform will enable new levels of safety, comfort and convenience. Purpose-built for scalability, it cost-effectively spans all vehicle segments by managing the software complexity and supporting features that range from entry-level safety compliance to advanced highway pilot and parking assist. Aptiv’s ADAS platform has the ability to incorporate future technologies and features, including those developed in collaboration with Motional, providing further scalability to higher levels of automation.
“Our next-gen ADAS solution cost-effectively delivers safety features over the lifetime of the vehicle that exceed consumer expectations on a platform upon which OEMs can continue to innovate,” said Kevin Clark, CEO and president. “Our unique position as the only provider of both the brain and the nervous system of the vehicle makes Aptiv the partner of choice for developing software-defined safety solutions that can be democratized as they mature.”
As part of Smart Vehicle Architecture™, Aptiv’s next-gen ADAS platform is fully compatible with emerging zone control architectures, enabling new business models for OEMs through the creation of new features and services that can be updated over-the-air (OTA).
Aptiv’s next-gen ADAS platform also applies an Industry 5.0 approach to safety, ensuring that the driver and the vehicle work together flawlessly. Using the latest generation of up-integrated driver-state sensing and interior sensing solutions – augmented by scalable software – Aptiv’s platform not only verifies if the driver’s eyes are on the road, it also recognizes and responds to body positioning, gestures and eye movement to provide a higher level of safety.
The next-gen ADAS platform continues the acceleration of software-defined vehicles through Aptiv’s scalable full-stack features and offerings, including:
- Proven Software Stack: Utilizes differentiated and modularized software at every level of the stack on an open, centralized compute platform that allows for the creation of new features and services.
- Next-Generation Sensor Suite: The next-gen platform utilizes the industry’s best-in-class interior and exterior sensing capabilities including radars, vision, and LiDAR. Among these sensors is Aptiv’s sixth-generation corner/side radars and forward-facing radars, as well as Aptiv’s first 4D imaging radar, which provides twice the detection range versus what is available on the market today. Aptiv’s Interior Sensing Platform includes radars, ultrasonic sensing, and cabin cameras, enabling OEMs to develop brand-building user experience.
- Advanced Sensor Fusion: Supporting the most advanced features requires a comprehensive and reliable environmental model. The platform’s differentiation comes from Aptiv’s advanced AI and machine learning algorithms to fuse 360-degree sensor inputs, providing a detailed rendering of the environment around the vehicle.
- Development Tool Chain: Gives OEMs the flexibility to drive further innovation on top of Aptiv’s proven solutions to accelerate the development of safe, green and connected features consumers want with the proven automotive-grade systems they can trust.
A whitepaper on Aptiv’s next-gen ADAS platform and additional information can be found here.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions enabling the future of mobility.